- Private Pilot - Start your private pilot training in one of our Cessna 172s or the Piper Warrior.
- Instrument Rating - Earn your instrument rating in one of our approach-certified Garmin 430 or 530 equipped aircraft: Cessna 172 N35253 and N75774, Cessna G1000 N60395, Piper Warrior N3014H, or Piper Saratoga N8186D.
- Commercial Rating - Earn your commercial pilot certificate in our complex Piper Saratoga N8186D.
- Flight Instructor Certificates - Piper Saratoga N8186D with its Garmin 530 makes an excellent platform for earning your initial CFI and Instrument Flight Instructor certificates.
All ground school courses are held in the Executive Flight Center classroom at Madison County Executive Airport.
Ground School Classes
- Private Pilot Ground School - Next Class Date TBA - Tuesdays 6-9pm - Instructor: Steve Riccio. This excellent course will teach you about becoming a Private Pilot as well as prepare you for the Private Pilot Oral and Written exams. The highly-regarded Jeppesen Guided Flight Discovery syllabus is used in this course. Tuition and all required materials cost is $425. Whether you have started your flight training or want to check out ground school to see what it's all about, this course is for you. Upon passing this course, you will earn the endorsement required to take the FAA Knowledge Exam and be on your way to becoming a Private Pilot!
- Instrument Ground School - Next Class Date TBA - Thursdays 6-9pm - Instructor Steve Riccio: This course will teach what you need to know to earn your Instrument Rating. Topics will include:
- Principles of Instrument Flight
- Aircraft Systems and Instrument Flight
- Operations in the Instrument Flight Environment
- How to Read and Use Instrument Charts
- Instrument Procedures
- Instrument Approaches
- Weather for Instrument Operations
- Instrument Flight Planning and Navigation
- IFR Emergencies
- IFR Decision Making
FAA TestingExecutive Flight Center is an Authorized CATS Testing Center. Testing is available 7 days a week from 8am until 8pm. The cost of each exam is $150. Call 256.828.1403 to schedule your exam.
Note that Executive Flight Center is a CATS facility that is certified to administer the Mechanic Inspection Authorization exam.
Our on-site examiner, Clyde Shelton, is available 7 days a week when you are ready to schedule that checkride. Schedule that appointment with him by phone at 256.829.0642 or drop by his office in our facility.